Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Software Wishlist

Often in my research I find question. A question that I could answer with infinite time sorting through my records. A question I wish I had software to answer.

Here are a few, as they come to mind.

1. I would like to sort for all marriages in Pittsburgh, PA after records began in 1885. And then sort by those for which I do not yet have marriage record sources.

2. I want to be able to find women by both married names and maiden names, not just one or the other.

3. I want to more easily sort geographically. I am going to try ancestryatlas.com but I wish the software I already pay for had such abilities.

4. I want my research to be marked as mine. I am not perfect and have made mistakes. My mistakes have been copied by others thinking my work to be gospel, and I cannot undo the error.

5. I want to make "possible" matches online. I "think" these two people may be the same. I want to continue to investigate without having to start over every day. I don't want other to see the match, however, and run with it as true. If you can support my research, please do, but don't copy it until I prove it.

To be continued...

0 comments: